I've got good news! I've finished the seven new tutorials with which I'm going to launch CloseBrace. I know I originally said six, but it turns out MongoDB needed two episodes in order to keep the time on the videos down to something manageable. So here's what we're looking at for launch:
The Existing Text-Only Tutorials
- The Dead-Simple Step-by-Step Guide for Front-End Developers to Getting Up and Running with Node.JS, Express, and MongoDB (updated for Node 7)
- Creating a Simple RESTful Web App with Node.js, Express, and MongoDB (updated for Node 7)
The New Video & Text Tutorials
- Installing Sublime Text
- Configuring Sublime Text for Node/React Development
- Installing Node (Mac & PC)
- Intro to Package Control with NPM & Yarn
- Using Third Party Modules With Node
- Installing MongoDB
- MongoDB Basics With the MongoDB Console
Post-Launch, I will be putting out two tutorials per week to start, tentatively scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays. The next few in the series are:
- Initializing a Git Repo with Github
- Creating an Express Skeleton
- Express: Hello World!
- Express: Explaining Routes & Views
- Express: Data Modeling w/ Mongoose
Some of those may be two or even three-parters. I want to keep these tutorials short, but also make sure they dive into plenty of detail. The goal is to make sure that none of this stuff is overwhelming or intimidating.
I will, of course, be listening intently to user feedback! If people want longer tutorials, or less fine-grain detail, I'll be sure to adjust.
Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time to fix some last-minute bugs and get this baby ready to launch!
*Image copyright: [chagin / 123RF Stock Photo](https://www.123rf.com/profile_chagin)*